We do offer Live Scan (Background check) services by appointment only.
Access to criminal history summary records maintained by the DOJ is restricted by law to legitimate law enforcement purposes and authorized applicant agencies. However, individuals have the right to request a copy of their own criminal history record from the Department to review for accuracy and completeness. Requests from third parties are not authorized and will not be processed.
Some important things to remember when appearing for fingerprints:
1. The appointing authority (Employer) will provide the appropriate form(s) and explain the process.
2. Bring the authorized "Request for Live Scan service form" Must have at least 3 copies.
3. Make an appointment. If you are late you will have to reschedule or WAIT for the next available opening.
4. Valid photographic I.D. MUST be presented at time of service:
Acceptable forms of I.D. are:
1) Driver's License.
2) California Identification Card.
3) Passport (with secondary documentation i.e. Military ID, utility bill, Social Security Card)
5. Fingernails and Rings: Extremely long or curved fingernails may prevent the fingers from properly contacting the printing surface of livescan and may need trimming. No rings on fingers, they can damage the printing surface of the Live Scan.
6. Bandaged or injured fingers: Applicant will need to reschedule their appointment until the injured or bandaged finger can be fingerprinted.
7. There will be a 15.00 fingerprint rolling fee for all applications. The fee is subject to change without notice.
8. Department of Justice fees will be collected at the time of rolling, unless the applicant is fee exempt and/or a billing number is provided. This fee(s) is/are in addition to our rolling fee.
Acceptable forms of payment:
Cash (exact change)
Credit cards - VISA, Master Card or Debit Card
Cashiers checks or Money orders only
Agency billing account number
All prints are taken electronically and transmitted -- NO hard copy will be supplied.
Call (888) 532-0175 to make an appointment or check our Appointment Link